Package redesign / typography choices
I really appreciated the feedback from our critique on Friday. Some problem areas with the package design from last week that I focused on this week were:
Blackletter font and Skratch font being difficult to read
Too filled and busy
Copyright issues with fabric used in design
Copy wording needing some revisions
I spent about 6 hours scoring and researching a serif that is playful yet readable. As I stated before, I am looking towards the Ladybug Girl book and doll set as inspiration and I adore the typeface that they used. I found a wonderful serif that is also free for commercial use. I am very happy with the new typeface. I have included 6 different options of the redesign, some more and some less busy.
**These are screenshots- not readable in areas, I will have prints on Friday!
Beginning of design
This week's redesign: options 1-6